cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bdowell17 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unmutting issue

HP Pavilion All in One MS237
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have not been able to log on to Windows Escape, Cortana, Bing, and I have no sound. This did not happen immediately, but about a month later. I am seeing the mute sign, but cannot left click on it. When I try to install sound in the manager device, It states that I have no plug in and no service. It also states that the sound is working properly. I have many trouble shooting approaches, first unintalling and reinstalling. The left click on the mouse will not work, only the right.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unmutting issue

Welcome to HP Forums @Bdowell17,

I see you are facing multiple issues on your computer, I will be glad to help. 

Based on the explanation of the issues you are facing. Recommend you to try a system restore first. 

If the system restore does not help, recommend you to do a reset without loss of data. 

Please click here. This article will help you understand the difference between restore and reset, also the procedure to do the same. 

Make sure not have any external devices connected to your computer during reset or restore. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation