cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
thedok3 Tutor
Tutor
11 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

unplugged wire plug location unknown

I am working on an HP Slimline S5113W which will not power on. I removed the power supply and tested it, and it seems OK. I was putting it all back together and I have one wire that I don't know where to place. It comes from the front panel  USB SD card assembly , two wires blue and black terminating in a small white connnector. I can not find any documentation as to where this might go. Anyone know?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
10,509 9,877 1,337 3,650
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Are you absolutely sure  that it's 2 blue and 1 black into a white connector?

If it's 1 blue and 1 black, it does not connect to anything in my HP s5120y (same board and setup). It's connector is wire-tied into a bundle, and hangs disconnected.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
thedok3 Tutor
Tutor
11 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sorry, I should have put a comma after two wires; it is one blue and one black. I won't worry about finding a place for it. Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
10,509 9,877 1,337 3,650
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Glad it helped. I just went into the garage,and  popped open a similiar unit.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation