cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nonamenoway
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

upgrade usb ports to 3.0 in pavilion 6710f desktop?

pavilion 6710f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have an hp pavilion p6710f desktop which has 4 usb 2.0  ports in back, & 2 in front. is it possible for me to install usb 3.0 ports in any or all? or just add them(which would be better)? thank you!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Juviegar
Level 1
4 3 1 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You probably can using a usb 3.0 PCIe adapter.

Startech

There's probably more out there.

GL :cathappy:

nonamenoway
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank you, @juviegar Honor Studenti was thinking that, i will just shop around & get installation instructions from mfrs., the link you provided has live chat. 

0 Kudos
nonamenoway
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sorry, do you know how i would figure out if i have a 5V 4 pin power connector plug? apparently required.

0 Kudos
Juviegar
Level 1
4 3 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You could check the cables from your PSU. The 4 pin (molex), looked like this:

From what I see on the product page, you will need this IF you're using the USB port for hardwares that consumes rather high power. ie; external harddrive, smartphones.

If you're just using the port for a mouse or keyboard you won't be needing this.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation