Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp compaq 6200 pro SFF
Linux

22 March 2017

Montreal, canada

Hi everyone !

I bought a hp compaq 6200 pro SFF and I would like tu upgrade it !

sn: 2ua1451mzz

only 4 gig ram with cpu type pentium G620 2.6ghz (dual core)

Using the onboard graphic card 😞

also I would like to use a bt848 capture pci card but it don't fit !!!

But the most important for now would be more memory (fast)

and better cpu.

Any recommendations ?

thanks and regards

Steph

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @steph291

I found the product specifications here.  Based on that, you should be able to upgrade the ram to 16 GB.  It also looks like there are some faster processor options as well.  Another source to look at is the Maintenance and Service Guide which will show you what options may have been shipped by HP in that product, which is a good indicator of what will likely work.  I'm not sure about the bt848 card, these SFF PCs often don't have a lot of room for expansion cards, so you may need to do some research to find one that will fit in the space available.

R

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply !

In all my research I found what you are pointing out as web document/specifications

I3, I5, I7 CPU...

But I don't remember where... I found another pcb (motherboard) manual for the 6200

manufactured by HP with 4 choice for the CPU : 2 dual core and 2 quad core cpu alternative.

I mean a pdf file... not mentionning I3, I5, I7

Is it possible there's 2 models for the same computer part number ?

(2ua1451mzz)

in mine, I have a dual core 2.6ghz...

Upgradding to a quad core will be cheap and

the same for the ram !

Let's make sure I won't spend money on the wrong deal

Thanks again

steph

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.