cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mastodan
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

video card and onboard hdmi outputs

HP Recommended
hp envy 750-287c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

computer has two hdmi outputs and empty pcie16  .  i want to add more monitors.  can i add a video card and use the onboard hdmi outputs at the same time

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,647 24,299 2,836 10,376
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mastodan, welcome to the forum.

@mastodan wrote:

computer has two hdmi outputs and empty pcie16  .  i want to add more monitors.  can i add a video card and use the onboard hdmi outputs at the same time

Yes, you can install a video card and use the HDMI ports at the same time.  You can't use the video card and integrated video at the same time, however.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
mastodan
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your response, so if I understand correctly.  I can install a video card and use two output on the video card plus the two hdmi outputs to connect 4 monitors and have a program up on each. however i cannot combine the power of the two and run one video games off both of them.  is this correct?  thank you, kindly.  Aaron

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,647 24,299 2,836 10,376
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information, @mastodan.

Q: however i cannot combine the power of the two and run one video games off both of them.  is this correct? 

A: The Integrated Video/Graphics comes as a part of the motherboard.  At this point, this is what you are using without a video card installed.  When the video card is installed you can't use Integrated Video.  However, you can use each of the HDMI ports.   I hope this explains it more thoroughly.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation