cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
petlawrie Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

video card upgrade

CQ3220AN
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi I would like to upgrade the video card on a CQ3220AN .Can any one tell me what cards are appropiate and whats involved other than installing card to slot , power supply etc?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
21047 20719 2338 7816
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

video card upgrade

@petlawrie, welcome to the forum.

Your best option for finding a video card for your computer because it is older is, choose a manufacturer that you like and contact their Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products and will be able to tell you which cards will and will not work.  This will save you money and frustration with ordering a card that doesn't work and you have to return it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

740 739 90 157
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

video card upgrade

HI.

This graphic would be compatible with your motherboard:

EVGA GeForce GT 740

EVGA GeForce GT 640

A PSU of more than 300W would be required.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation