cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HardBeatZ wrote:

Only the original poster or a moderator can mark a post as solved. Since you joined in on a thread that already existed you can't mark the thread as solved. Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you though.

Alas! No sound again, this morning. In order to get sound out of the monitor, I had to unplug and reconnect the HDMI-cable again. Each time.. That is not really a solution. This does not really seem a hardware problem, after all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rvanwaning wrote:

@HardBeatZ wrote:

Only the original poster or a moderator can mark a post as solved. Since you joined in on a thread that already existed you can't mark the thread as solved. Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you though.

Alas! No sound again, this morning. In order to get sound out of the monitor, I had to unplug and reconnect the HDMI-cable again. Each time.. That is not really a solution. This does not really seem a hardware problem, after all.

Do you have a Windows 7 machine that you can test the monitor on to see if the same problem happens there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No, I do no longer have any Win7-machine. This problem started after I had updated my HP Pavillion from Win7 tot Win8, together with my other 3 pc's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This morning I was looking and listening to an instruction film. The sound of the monitor worked fine (after having restarted the pc).

However, after having paused the movie for a while there was no longer sound when I wanted to continue.

I had to dive under my desk to disconnect and then re-connect the HDMI-cable to get the sound back.

Very strange and rather frustrating and cumbersome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cause (and the solution) of the problem is the energy-saving settings of the pc. After 20 minutes the monitor was turend off. After waking waking it up, the sound remained off. This has to do with the driver, don't you think?

I changed the settings for turning off the monitor in order to save energy to 'Never'. Now the sound stays ON permanently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be an issue with the driver that is for Wndows 8. Could be an outdated driver. Have you verified you are running the most up to date driver?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
22 19 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the latest drivers for Windows 8 are installed, both for the monitor and the graphic board.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation