cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davehig
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

warranty has expired in less than a month

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw084sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure if i am in the right area for this, so please forgive me.

Thought i would have a look at the HP support assistance as i have not long purchased this HP Pavilion laptop and clicked onto the warranty and services just to have a nose around but its saying the warranty has EXPIRED, now this is a little confusing because i only purchased the laptop on Friday 21st April and its Now Tuesday 16 May now thats only 25 Days.

But it states standard warranty end date was Sunday 7 May thats only 16 Days.

I have  clicking on the link saying how to dispute your warranty and and then tried to input my serial nimber and product number and this is what i keep getting :-

HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided One or more of the following pieces of information you submitted is incorrect. Please review this information and correct any errors.
  • Country of purchase: Verify that your product was purchased in the country selected
  • Serial Number: Verify that your serial number is entered correctly
  • Product Number: Verify that your product number is entered correctly

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

now on the link above its telling you that you can click on a dispute link to take you to a page to do a HP warranty validation, but i can't find the link on my page

I always though your warranty would be for 12 Months and NOT 16 or 25 Days.

I have registered it on the Hp website but its still not changed, 

What should i do now should i go back to the shop with it, its really confused me.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The warranty is for one year. The laptop may have sat on a shelf for almost a year before you bought it. HP SA only goes by date it was manufactured. If you contact HP they will straighten it out.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation