Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KMM5 Tutor
Tutor
8 2 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

warranty

ProDesk 400 G1 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I posted a msg regarding a possible IRQ problem and missing internet connection.  Received a PM to call a number, did so and worked with a person from Skyfill who told me my warranty was expired.  My computer shows that I have 6 months left but the help person disputed that; so I paid for assistance to get computer internet connection fixed.   How do I dispute the warranty coverage?

2 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 67 129
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

warranty

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge HP provides PC support in house.

I have never heard of "Skyfill".

I think the "PM' you received may have been part of a scam.

You should have been calling an HP phone number for support.

Jay

Dean Dean
Dean
7708 615 2715
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

warranty

Hello @KMM5,

I am afraid you might have felt victim of FAKE support. HP usually does not send PM users directly especially without proor notification. This forum is public, everybody can PM users and write. However, legitimate support is from

I guess you may contact your bank for assistance on getting back your money from the fake support. Do check your computer for the presence of strange programs installed and check for threats/malware/backdoors.

HP employees - they have HP icon next to the name

Experts - usually non-HP Inc. employees but approved from HP knowledable guys

Simple Google search reveals that Skyfill is company that provides services >> https://skyfill.net/contact-us.html  but this company is not HP.

I cannot guarantee anything but I have notified HP internally about this potential incident.  Please, let me know if I can assist you further.

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation