Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,859 Views)
Accepted Solution

what is Error 351 for HP Office Jet pro 8600 All in one

Product Name: HP Officejet Pro 8600

I cannot send or receive faxes on my HP Officejet Pro 8600.  I get an Error 351 when I try to fax.  Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: what is Error 351 for HP Office Jet pro 8600 All in one

Below are the causes and solution for error 351:
Cause 1: The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phone line). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-related problems.
Solution: Retry the fax reception when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.

Cause 2: The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
Solution: Disable ECM. Errors might still occur, and might result in a degraded image quality on the received page. However, the ability to send the entire document will be improved.

Cause 3: The remote user pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress. Also under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines might cause the remote machine to abandon the call.
Solution: Try sending at a lower transmission speed.

View solution in context
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 3 (2,834 Views)

Below are the causes and solution for error 351:
Cause 1: The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phone line). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-related problems.
Solution: Retry the fax reception when telephone line conditions have improved. Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.

Cause 2: The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
Solution: Disable ECM. Errors might still occur, and might result in a degraded image quality on the received page. However, the ability to send the entire document will be improved.

Cause 3: The remote user pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress. Also under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines might cause the remote machine to abandon the call.
Solution: Try sending at a lower transmission speed.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,799 Views)

This forum is really great.  I solved my problem.  It happened to be the phone line.  Thank you so much,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation