cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
princesstyme
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

when i am on my laptop, a pop comes up that says "warning a virus has been detected" call a 1800#

HP Recommended
hewlett packer laptop

there is a pop up message that comes on my screen saying warning a virus has been detected and i need to call a 1800# and it locks my laptop down so that i cant use it

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,477
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do NOT call the number.  You didn't give any details of your laptop such as model,which version of Windows you are running so it is difficult to give you specific directions...so read through the document below.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation