cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nikki03
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

wifi disabled

HP Recommended
Hp 310 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My older PC wifi will not come back on? I have tried to reset, restore. Tried resetting wifi router a well. No go.  Bought a new pC because I couldnt solve the issue on my own. 

3 REPLIES 3
DeejayV
Level 2
Level 2
18 18 2 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So sorry you had to go through this route.

One of the things you could try if you havent:

Unisntall/Install latest driver

Depending on your Windows version, it may require HP connection software

If it hold true that the Wireless hardware component is defective, parts replacement are available without buying an entire PC replacement.

In addition to this , USB Wireless adapters are also widely available both from HP and big box stores. They are usually cheap compared to getting a new PC.

If you still have that PC, you could probably still restore it using a 10$ USB wireless adapter component installed in.

I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
nikki03
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay so I have tried downloading and reinstalling the latest driver, it will not allow me to reinstall saying that the publisher is not allowed. How do I unistall to reinstall?

nikki03
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The software is not onthe computer, exactly what id the driver number i need to reinstall?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation