Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kimock Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

will not wake up properly from sleep after Windows 10 upgrade

HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet black (I can see a small difference, and the monitor reports that it receives a signal). But nothing happens, including if I press various key combinations such as those which would cause rebooting. Sometimes my mouse pointer is visible but usually not. If so, it will not move. If I hold down the power button, killing the power supply, and the press the power button again, the computer wakes up (not rebooting).

As a history, this machine had a clean Windows 7 install, then a Windows 10 upgrade, then a Windows 10 clean install. 

I have a vague memory that the computor originally went to sleep and woke up OK a few times, and now doesn't. However, my memory could be wrong.

I have tried:

* all Windows updates

* using HP website for all relevant updates, including BIOS

* display adapter (graphics card) update

* Windows Power Usage Troubleshooter

* turning hibernation off and on again in the command line (powercfg /h off and on)

Any suggestions?

With thanks

Kimock

6 REPLIES
Bman304 Tutor
Tutor
10 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

Did you ever find a resolution to the wakr up problem?

0 Kudos
LunchJournals Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

I'm curious as well.

0 Kudos
chrismaxey Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

Ever get this figured out?  I did two fresh installs of Windows 10 on an hp 6005 mt and on a 6005 sff and both have the same issue.

0 Kudos
dagolard Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

Same problem here. We need a solution, HP!

0 Kudos
CadErik Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

Anyone any luck? Anyone tried a different video card?

Erik.

0 Kudos
Killduwabbit Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

Also if I put that same exact video card into my older gateway (running Windows 10) it wakes up fine
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation