Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kyirina Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

win 10 upgrade faillure

ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
I have tried to upgrade win7 home premium to win 10, but it have failled twice with error. After that I have searched what was wrong and founded out this:

greška.jpggreška 2.jpgI do not know why those errors exist!

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13020 1222 2876
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

win 10 upgrade faillure

Kyrinia

The images you posted are NOT displaying in the forum, so you would have to provide the details of the problems in text forum for them to be understood.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers it needs for full functionality simply do not exist!

My own advice is NOT to press forward with the Win10 Upgrade -- free is not necessarily better.  I upgrade 5 PCs from Win7 to Win10 and not only did all of them have serious problems afterward, two of them were reverted back to Win7 -- at the owners' requests.

Their view (which I share) is that an older OS version where everything works is vastly superior to a newer OS version where some things are "broken" -- and will never be fixed!

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Kyirina Tutor
Tutor
15 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

win 10 upgrade faillure

Thanks a lot! I'll stay with my home premium!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation