Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

windows 10 upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just recently (today) bought this computer because the other one fried, even with a surge protector.  I had Windows 10 just installed on it, and was very happy with it until a couple of Sundays ago when it got nailed. I have installed all day and went through the process of getting around 200+ updates from Windows Update.  I have reset until I am getting blurry eyes, went through the test at Microsoft to see if I am able to get the Windows 10 Icon, and it says I still need to install things.

While at Walmart, there are stickers all over the place telling me I can dowload Windows 10 again, for free.  What am I doing wrong?  I have downloaded everything--printer driver (got new printer, ran it all), ran windows update about 20 + times now, and this is my last resort tonight before I go to bed.  Resetting and letting everying load probably helped, but it didn't bring up the Windows 10 icon.

Thanks,

DocClyde1934

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
4,379 4,360 405 628
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Be sure that you have made your recovery disks in the event of a problem.

Any compatibility issues that you know of and do you have your Windows license key available if need be.

The icon you speak of usually takes a couple of days to appear once you are up to date however you may download and create a Windows 10 ISO to install Windows 10:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2267-windows-10-upgrade-installation.html#step3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation