cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

windows 10

HP Recommended
HP 550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP PC with Windows 10. I have it networked to an HP 8600 Plus printer/scanner. I have downloaded the HP software for the printer/scanner but can't find the scanner software. Windows 10 has a rudimentary scanner app, but  I want to use the HP program like I was able to do with Windows 7. I know the software is on the computer because it shows up when I run the HP Doctor program, but other than that. How do  I  find it and create a shortcut for it? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,834 25,767 2,362 5,589
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello TDCA ;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems with an HP 8600 printer and wanted to help.

I recently install an HP 8620e printer in Win10, so the process is probably much the same for your printer.

You need to ensure that you installed the full function software, not just the basic driver.  Then full function creates a shortcut on the desktop that will say something like Hp OfficeJet 8600. 

When you click that, the following should happen:

1) Small windows will open indicating it is retrieving info from the printer

2) Full-screen window will open, entitled HP Officejet 8600 (network): HP Printer Assistant

3) Down in the Scan section, there are entries for scanning option

If you are seeing this on your PC, the software installed properly.

I don't believe that there is any way to copy the Scan entry from that Window to your desktop. I even went into the HP\bin folder in the C: drive and copied the ScanTo shortcut to my desktop, but clicking it does nothing.

Sorry, but it looks like we're stuck using the HP Dialogue window.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation