cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows 8 forgot password

i forgot my PH laptop password on windows 8 that i just upgraded from windows 7 two months ago. I input the password several times, but always got the message “the password is incorrect”. Someone said that i can find back the password through Microsoft account, how?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot windows 8 password? If you have created a windows 8 password reset disk, you can use it to recover password quickly and easily.

. Use windows 8 password reset disk

1. Click on your account and get to the log on screen.
2. Wrong password, press Enter or click on the enter arrow.
3. When you get the message “The password is incorrect.” Click on the OKbutton.
4. Click on Reset password…to open the Password Reset Wizard.
5. Insert windows 8 password reset disk into your laptop, and click on Next .
6. Select the removable device on the drop-down list, and click on Next again.
7. Set a new password, and click on Next, and then click on Finish to end the operation.

However, if you did not create a windows 8 forgot password recovery disk before, think about other methods.

. Use PIN code to get into your laptop windows 8

Step 1: Launch your laptop to logon screen, if it is not the PIN sign in option, click on the Sign-in options and then click on the PIN button to switch to PIN.

Step 2: Type in PIN code.

Step 3: Press Windows +X, and click on Command Prompt (Admin) and if you get the prompt message, click on Yes.

Step4: Type in: Net User <user name> <new password> and press Enter.

it is not very usual for windows 8 user to locked out of windows, if this happen to you, you can use the methods to do with it.

Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to add... you can also try resetting the password online. byfollowing the steps below:

If you have forgotten the password for the Microsoft account (formerly referred to as Windows Live ID) that you use to sign in to your Windows 8 computer, you can reset the password using any computer or device that has Internet access.
  1. Open an Internet browser and navigate to the Microsoft  Web page:
  2. Select I forgot my password , and then click Reset your password .
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
    When the password is reset, you will be able to use your Microsoft account with the new password to sign in to your Windows 8 computer. Make sure the Windows 8 computer is connected to the Internet before you attempt to sign in.

I also suggest referring to the following HP document which has many steps that will help you to access your account when you forget the password.

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to get my password back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,429 3,390 129 676
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Hollismoore,

Can you please clarify what password you are referring to?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I updated to 8.1 and was given a password.  I didn't realize that the password was to log on to the computer and saved it in e mail on the computer.  oops. How can I get back into my computer. I am totally locked out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,707 4,118 239 421
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello catsup.

I understand you are unable to log onto your computer. Please follow this HP document on What to Do When You Forget Your Sign-in Password (Windows 😎.

This document will give you step-by-step instructions on how to log back on your computer.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Looking forward to hear from you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Level 1
8 6 0 4
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot Windows 8 login password? Relaxed! Windows 8 Password Recovery is a useful tool when you lost local administrator and user account passwords on all popular Windows OS, like reset Windows 8 password.

Signature removed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am so sorry to hear that. The traditional way to solve this problem is to reinstall Windows 8 or restore it to factory settings. As we all know, Windows computer has no password required to login default. But the disadvantage of these traditional ways is data loss probably.Here I introduce another effective way for you. It can guarantee computer safety and high affection. Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.2 works like that.
Follow this video, learn to use it to reset Windows 8 password.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please click on the below link for information about What to Do When You Forget Your Sign-in Password in Windows8

Ref: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336115

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation