cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lpoznak
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

windows 8 recycle bin

HP Recommended

My new HP Pavilion x2, Windows 8 operating system,  does not have a Recycle Bin icon on my desktop, nor can I locate it in my installed program.  I accidentally deleted a photo that I would like to retrieve.  Any helful tips you can provide will be very much appreciated!

Linda

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Karthik
Level 9
1,978 1,975 183 586
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right Click on Desktop (Empty space)

Left click on Personalize

Left click on 'Chande Desktop Icons'

Get a check on 'Recycle Bin'

Click OK and you will have the icon.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Misslucy
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I did this except I still can't see it on my desktop! Please help me I've just lost two years work of pictures
0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,557 30,464 2,785 6,725
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Misslucy

Sorry to hear about your Recycle Bin problem -- as those steps SHOULD have worked to restore the icon.

In the meantime, here is a free third-party utility you can use to retrieve the deleted files:  http://www.easeus.com/resource/recover-deleted-recycle-bin-files.htm

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation