cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bosslady
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

windows xp system driver missing or corrupt

HP Recommended

please help... I believe I have deleted a file that is necessary for the OS to boot. I am running a windows XP system. I own a hp compaq D530. It was working fine just yesterday and in trying to clean up the junk, must have deleted a driver. I keep getting a message that reads,"system32\drivers\isapnp.sys file missing or corrupt" it also says it can be repaired with original CD-ROM but of course I dont have it nor do I have a back-up disk. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PG_ComputerGuy
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, I have a couple of suggestions.

If nothing important is on the computer you should be able to run the system recovery and restore your system back to the way it was when you bought it.

But for most people this is not a viable option as it will in most cases wipe your harddrive of all your files.

My second suggestion is one that can be very tedious and sometimes more a pain than it's worth, BUT in some cases it's a quick and painless process.

This involves getting a copy of the missing file from someone with a working XP machine.

The problem here is once you replace that file you may encounter a new error that shows that you are missing ANOTHER file.

And you can see where this goes...

You could be replacing 101 files.

Word to the wise, Never Delete anything from your WINDOWS folder or SUBFOLDERS.

Always use Add/Remove from the Control Panel.

If you need any further help feel free to ask.

I do have have original XP discs and might be able to help.

Message Edited by PG_ComputerGuy on 01-06-2009 01:12 AM
blew888
Level 4
127 126 5 15
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can download the file here and place the file into the directory yourself. 

http://www.dynamiclink.nl/htmfiles/rframes/info_sys/info_i/70.htm

bosslady
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Blew888, Thanks for the tip,and the link. I think that would be a great idea. Its just that I am not able to download the file. I am stuck on the black boot screen where it says " start windows normally or use last known good config." Neither of them are working and I cant get past that point. But i do appreciate your help. If you can assist further, please let me know.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation