Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY PC 27 B011 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the ENVY PC 27 B011AIO 8 days ago.  The wireless keyboard and mouse connected no problem - there is no (apparent) external wireless dongle.  However, the "o" and "i" keys are faulty so I called HP and they sent a new keyboard and mouse (they come as a set). 

The replacements arrived but they are "dead". They are not recognized by the PC.

There is a clue in that the replacements came with an external wireless dongle.  However, I do not want to sacriface a USB port when the wireless is built into the PC.  After some hunting on HP's support site, they say that the wireless dongles are often hidden on AIOs.  However, I cannot find a door or panel on this PC that may be hiding the dongle. 

This AIO appears to be so new that specific documentation does not exist for it on HP's site.  (Lots of sales stuff but no manuals.)

There is no response from HP support.

Does anyone have experience with this model or finding hidden dongles?

Thanks.

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE spec page for that model.  According to that, it has built-in Bluetooth.  It is a part of the wireless card.  You can see the info by scrolling down to the "Integrated Bluetooth" heading.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks "TheOld"Man.  Yes, there is built in Blue Tooth but I the wireless keyboard and moue use a hidded dongle not blue tooth.  The PC has to be taken appart to relace the dongle.  HP Support was not familiar with how to do that.  So, the PC is going back.

Appreciate your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.