cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lord_chump Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless network adapter keeps needing to reset

My Internet keeps dropping out , when I diagnose it keeps resseting the wireless adapter. Other computers work well in the same room including a kindle fire. Any ideas on settings that might be wrong or is it the adapter itsef, Tried contacting HP but the web site doesn't recognise the number on the side of the computer. Would an ariel help and can it be fitted  to a Pavilion 500-081EA. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,195
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless network adapter keeps needing to reset

Hi Lord_chump,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion 500-081ea Desktop and the internet dropping all the time. Here is a link to troubleshooting wireless network and Internet.
If you have Windows 8.1, I would rollback the driver in device manager.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation