cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MBryga
Level 2
24 7 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

x3000

HP Recommended

How do you get the battery door open (without breaking it) on the HP Wireless mouse x3000?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,483 19,458 4,689 8,318
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should be able to use a fingernail underneath the curved edge in the indentation to remove the cover. 

mouse battery cover.png

Erico

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time to help support fellow members in the community.
Click the Yes button to make a comment that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my reply resolves your issue, please take the time to mark it as an Accepted Solution to make it easier for someone who has the same issue to quickly find the solution.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should be able to use a fingernail underneath the curved edge in the indentation to remove the cover. 

mouse battery cover.png

Erico

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time to help support fellow members in the community.
Click the Yes button to make a comment that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my reply resolves your issue, please take the time to mark it as an Accepted Solution to make it easier for someone who has the same issue to quickly find the solution.
MBryga
Author
Level 2
24 7 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LOL - minimal language diagrams. 
The slot in the cover provides flexibility. You actually need to get the fingernail between the right edge (as seen when looking at the mouse upside-down as shown in the images) of the cover and the mouse bottom (as pointed to in the illustartation by the arrow labeled 'here') and push left towards the slot (not indicated on the diagram). The right side of the cover flexes and disengages a tab and the cover pops up and out.

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Would you mind telling me if there was an actual purpose for the post you made that asked the question?

Was it an excercise designed, out of boredom, to waste someone else's time?

That is certainly what it seems to be, given the tone of your response. We are here to help people, not play mind games.

Erico

MBryga
Author
Level 2
24 7 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. It was specifically NOT to waste someone elses time.

Provost's answer was correct and he was kind enough to supply the diagram which came with the mouse. 
One without the other would not have gotten the little door open - and HP would have gotten the mouse returned (possibly with a broken door).

Regarding the text, 'Curved edge' was confusing and 'Indentation' does not exist on my version of the mouse.  As for the diagram, what/when the 'here' label and arrow apply was unclear. Taken together and figuring out to push sideways - not pry up - was the key.

I simply re-stated what I finaly figured out in what I hoped would be more easily understood by others who find themselves with a frustrating purchase.

Unless product design is reading this post I'm not sure we are helping anyone at this point.

Thanks.

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. That works for me.

Sorry, The chatroom  term LOL always has a tendancy to spool  me up a bit.  😉

Erico

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation