cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

z230 workstation

HP Recommended
hp z230 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to replace my power supply. I just wanted to know if it possible or no? I saw this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014. I just wanted to make sure before I purchased it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , 

I would suggest you to have a look at the document given below at page number 4 :

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7343ENW.pdf

i have listed compatible power supply for respective units below :

HP Z230 Tower:

400-watt 92% efficient power supply,

320 W, Standard Efficiency Power Supply available in some countries.

HP Z230 Small Form Factor :

240-watt, 92% Efficiency power supply

240-watt Standard Efficiency Power Supply available in some countries

I hope it helps , 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you Sidharth!
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sidharth-A wrote:

Hi , 

I would suggest you to have a look at the document given below at page number 4 :

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7343ENW.pdf

i have listed compatible power supply for respective units below :

HP Z230 Tower:

400-watt 92% efficient power supply,

320 W, Standard Efficiency Power Supply available in some countries.

HP Z230 Small Form Factor :

240-watt, 92% Efficiency power supply

240-watt Standard Efficiency Power Supply available in some countries

I hope it helps , 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Not sure if this was accepted as a solutiont, it shouldn't be, it didn't really answer the question. The items you referred to are HP power supplies available as options on this particular line of workstation.  I'm guessing depending on region or options when configuring the device for purchase.  I believe you should have some sort of 6 or 9 pin to 24 pin adapter that would make the version the original poster was referring too, compatible.  Yes?

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, no it didn't help. I eventually ended up building my own. I gave the hp to my mom.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@eglowe103 wrote:
Hi, no it didn't help. I eventually ended up building my own. I gave the hp to my mom.

Didn't think so. You didn't mark it as an acceptable solution did you?  I am in the same situation.  I have ordered this machine from Staples and came across your post.  I think what I need is a 24-pin to 6-pin adapter cable.   I have searched and came across a few of these items from ebay and moddiy.  It would be good if HP could confirm a part like this exists from HP and would work on this machine.  I have a feeling that they don't and they don't want to commit to any type of comment about third party cables especially on a "workstation" class computer.  

I believe that the one I purchased has the 320W power supply and will not be enough for the video card I want to put in.  Machine should be here Thursday so will be able to determine exactly what I need to do.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation