Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
0xedc Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z240, Linux and EDID

Z240
Linux

I have a z240 with a i5-6500 CPU on my desk that refuses to recognize the attached monitor properly.  In the Xorg.0.log file there is no mention of EDID data.  The result is that the HD display connected is set to 1024x768 rather than 1920x1080.

I'm running Debian 8.5.0 and have updated the system BIOS to the latest: N51 Ver. 01.24.  I've also built the latest driver available from Intel for linux:

LoadModule: "intel"
         Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
         Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
            compiled for 1.16.4, module version = 2.99.917
            Module class: X.Org Video Driver
            ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 18.0

Using an old PCIe x1 video card I have let me connect all of the ports on the monitors (HDMI, DVI and VGA) and Debian correctly set the resolution each time and Xorg.0.log showed all of the expected EDID data.

A different z230 system here is working fine using the onboard video.

Since I need to have up to 3 RAID adapters in the system at once I can't just add a different video card.

I have _not_ tried Windows to see if it works there though I am going to try to do that on Friday.

Is there a video BIOS update that might fix this problem?  (or is the hardware broken?)

thanks

edc

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Teacher
Teacher
154 6 13
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z240, Linux and EDID

I would guess you would have better driver support through windows vs linux for drivers.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation