Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
workerman2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z240 - add SATA card (no working)

z240
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have bought a z240 tower which runs really well with win 7 pro. Recently, I wanted to add an SATA extension card, but without any success. I am looking for a simple SATA controller without RAID functionality (which unnecessary slows down the boot procedure).

Unfortunately, HP does not offer any SATA boards as accessories - Is there any recommendation for such a card from your side?

I've bought a LogiLink PC0059A card, unfortunately, the system does no longer startup when connecting drives to it. The hp BIOS  screen appears as usual, then the card shows the attached drives, after that the hp bios screen appears again and reamains without any reaction (reboot required).

Thanks for any hints

Tom

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 183 585
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will find compatible parts here:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

The situation you see is due to uncampatible device connected.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
workerman2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Karthik

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there are no SATA card parts listed. Does anyone have an additional SATA controller in use which is fully working?

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation