Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MJC433 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z240 sff USB driver missing

HP z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am working on installing windows 7 enterprise 64, on a z240 SFF. I am missing the USB drivers for it. I have the driver disk that came with it and I have installed every driver that is on there, along with going to HP support software and drivers web link and downloading everyone from there. There has not been one driver that has solved this problem, so I was looking for some sort of help on finidning one.l I tried a few other drivers for different model of towers but no luck.

please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
100651 13894 21347
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z240 sff USB driver missing

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the USB controller that needs the driver.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the device needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation