Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)

z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

I am looking for a totallly (or as close aspossible) monitor with width 2560 and prferably 30" and 1600 high, so the z30i is an option. But I want a quiet monitor. So my question is:

Does the z30i make _any_ noise?

If it does, what kind of noise, and if known what cuases it?

BTW: I have sent this question to HP technical support from the web site and it was aknowledged 5 days ago, but haven't got any reply yet. Is this typical? 

Thanks,

Yehouda Harpaz

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

Hello Yehouda.

Welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are wondering if the HP Z30i monitor produces noise. I will try my best to provide information on this.

I have personally worked on this monitor in the past, and others I know have as well. This monitor does not making any more noise than your average monitor. The monitors can produce noise sometimes are those with things like built-in speakers, or fans (for example).

Now, as an accessory, you can purchase with this monitor an LCD Speaker Bar. This might make a little extra noise if not taken care of. More information about this can be found in this monitor's quick specification page: HP Z30i 30-inch IPS Display

I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: z30i - does it make _any_ noise?

That is absolutely useless reply.

I am not interested in sales blurb, I want answers to the questions I asked,
from somebody that actually knows.

In particular, I don't want comparisons to other monitors, and I
don't want guesses.

These are the original questions:

Does the z30i make _any_ noise?
If it does, what kind of noise, and if known what causes it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation