cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z400 Workstation and compatible processors

Z400 Workstation

I have searched through the HP site and this forum for information on compatible processors for the Z400 workstation. I have found lists and posts of compatible Xeon processors for the 6 DIMM motherboard: W3520, W3550, W3565, W3580, W3670, W3680 and W3690. But the W3530 is not mentioned.

I am confused why the W3530 is not listed as a compatible processor when a search of the Z400 results in hundreds of results of Z400 workstation configured with this processor. it's even listed on this link:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/psg_111510ws1/index.asp?psn=desktops_workstations/workstation.

So can anybody confirm whether the Xeon W3530 2.8 Ghz Quad Core processor will work with my Z400, 6 DIMM motherboard as I have one available but do want to risk damage to the motherboard and/or processor.

Thank you

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation