Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mertzwiller Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z420 Which slot should I install Matrox MXO2 PCIE Host Adaptor?

This to use with Avid Media Composer 5.5.5 and possibly Adobe Premiere 5 on Win7 Pro.

Also, does that long green plastic thing need to be reinserted before closing cover?  Or is that just used when transporting the workstation?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1602
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

z420 Which slot should I install Matrox MXO2 PCIE Host Adaptor?

> z420 Which slot should I install Matrox MXO2 PCIE Host Adaptor?

The general rule is "wherever it fits", but take a close look at the PCI-E slots on the motherboard, because the labelling could be '1X' or '4X' or '16X'.  Putting a '16X' adapter into a '4X' slot could inhibit its performance.

> Also, does that long green plastic thing need to be reinserted before closing cover?  

> Or is that just used when transporting the workstation?

It helps push the add-in cards "tightly" down into the slots on the motherboard.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation