Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z800 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
z800 won't boot. No video post or any video activity with 6 beeps sound pattern.

my Z800 bios ver3.6 motherboard 1.02 rev (-002 board), it doesn't boot and i have 6 beeps paterns sounds on boot, no videos nothing.

i stripped it from all PCIe cards , changed ram, changed 2 CPUs X5672 with older X5560

performed CMOS reset and PSW reset. thied other GPUs FX1800 and FX580 also a AMD HD69xx series

with no luck...

the machine was showing wiered signs before with a Tesla M2090 GPU with  memory test warnings 209 errors on post on good ram dimms . i thing my latest bios config with NUMA  on and Allow compute on all PCIe made this happen.

if any one knows a fix it would be of great help.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Foxy,

The Diagnostic LED blinks red 6 times and the system beeps 6 times (once per second), then a 2-second pause follows:

This indicates a pre-video graphic card error.

To resolve the issue, complete the following steps:

1) Reseat the graphics card - which might be the most probable

2) Replace the graphic card - which you might did not well

3) Replace the system board -  which might be impossible.

HP Recommended

yeap looks like i tried it all but 3-  

i m very sorry to see this dead z800 

for just some bizzarre reasons ...

it was a great runner for esxi 6.5 on asb stick, and win 10 on the SSD. 

Death occured after i changed the memory to "NUMA mode"  and "allow calculations" on the PCIe slots in Bios

A last supper "F10" ... 

i had great plans to run GPU algos on the Tesla card...

A good lesson for me.

HP Recommended

i replaced the lithium battery on the board too, i was very very low.  but with no luck.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.