Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

All Done works perfectly. 

2 x e5-2667 v2's , 128gb memory (16Gx8), gtx570 i had kicking around and Windows 10.

:ThumbUp:

**{{ When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! ]]**
HP Recommended

@Scoobis wrote:

All Done works perfectly. 

2 x e5-2667 v2's , 128gb memory (16Gx8), gtx570 i had kicking around and Windows 10.

:ThumbUp:

Congratulations!!

Like for you, I took this on as a challenge. No other motivation. While I did do several motherboards bought on eBay I resold them for the amount I paid. Not a money deal, just wanted to try several revisions. That's when I found that revision 1.00 would not work for some reason. I did damage one board and brick another in the learning process. It was worth it.

Side benefits were were I had to learn enough about Linux to get the job done. That alone was worth it so now I can play with the Pi. 🙂

Finally, I am glad this thread was opened up again. Not sure why it was shutdown/archived so the knowledge gained could be shared.

HP Recommended

@SalSimp wrote:

Do remember to lift the 5V pin of the flash from the board trace or else the BusPirate will be feeding the (or try to) the whole board. I was able to do a couple boards without lifting the 5V pin but failed on about a dozen more so I had to lift the pin on those. 

In message Message 83 You may want to go back and edit that to read 3.3V .. I fear some poor soul is going to apply 5V to the flash and fry it.

**{{ When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! ]]**
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.