Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello All,

how do you work with your Elite x3 on sunlight? I have the phone from December and these days when every day is sun shining is the Elite x3 display absolutely unreadable. I have to turn myself around as idiot to find best position to read anything on it. Also when I use 100% of brightness it is not enough. I have to use hands and move phone near to my face.  Also when I return tu dark again it stay on full brightness and never change back (battery is discharging faster) and I have to reset phone. But that is not so big problem as with brightness outside. I am dissappointed and can not believe I am facing this problem in 2017 where every other phone is nicely visible on sunlight... cheaper phone... Summer is starting and I can not use the phone outside 😞

How do you work with that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had a similar experience - I did not get any benefit from one of the firmware updates in the fall that was supposed to improve screen brightness.

It changed dramatically after I did a factory reset - before that I was like you - couldn't use the phone in sunlight.

It may be worth a try, restoring the backup is quite fast. Good luck.

HP Recommended

I tried to do hard reset, but it is still the same, no any improvements. What helped so far is change from DARK theme to LIGHT theme... I dont like that, but white background seems to be improvement in the visibility in outlook and calendar. Also whatsapp seems to be better to read. It is not as cool as on my spare huawei mate 8 (android) but it is better. but I would be happy to have that as on friends lumia 950XL where it is really cool also with DARK theme.

I have to also change wallpaper place from full to be just on tiles because when I have light theme then mobile signal, battery, time are written by black and on darker wallpepr it is not visible. Changing wallpaper to be only on tiles change top row to white and then all is visible. But as I mentioned... ligth theme is ugly, but works so far... however I guess battery will be discharged fastly with white backgroung.

HP Recommended

Sad to hear. Atleast you have tried. I'd say there must be an update fairly soon as the X3 has turned into a very unreliable thing since the creators update, freezeing for some seconds, screen staying black etc.
There should be a fairly good chance that somethng is improved regarding the screen since it is involved in many issues.

I myself think it is very strange to have zero brightness  as the lowest possible setting - what is the use ? I'd rather have something that can be seen  😉  - This makes the autoadjust useless at night. - constant pain for me.

I hope you solve it. Make sure the shortcuts on the actionpanel (pull-down menu) is working OK, I could not toggle (25%-50%-75%-100%/dark-darker etc)  correctly before resetting.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.