Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP x3 Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with awakening the phone with double tapping. Sometimes it works, sometimes not work at all. I have tried changing the sensitivety and everything, but no help. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I received a new phone from Hp and on this one double tap works better. It does not work as it did on my earlier Lumia 1520, but good enough. Does not wake up the phone every time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I will answer to myself, because nobody else does not do it. Double tap just does not work in HP x3 Elite. That's it.

HP Recommended

HP chose to not use the digitizer and touch zones to wake the phone when tapping the screen.  Instead the accelerometer and maybe some other sensors are used to wake the phone when the sense the actions.  Still even if you tap it twice and it awakes, it is not consistent.  If I tap near it or on it the same way a dozen times.  It will fail half the time to wake the phone.  I agree, that it does not work right.  However it is not the standard double tap we are use to.

HP Recommended
I received a new phone from Hp and on this one double tap works better. It does not work as it did on my earlier Lumia 1520, but good enough. Does not wake up the phone every time.
HP Recommended

I found that if I double tapped on the back of the phone instead of the front, it would work everytime.

Didn't like that, so I disabled it.

HP Recommended

One can double tap the surface next to the phone and it'll work too. It is all because it uses the accelerometer.

HP Recommended

Is very unreliable on mine. I actually had to disable it because when the phone was in the automobile, it would would wake up constantly ! Never when I wanted it to, but always while driving.

Basically, just think of X3 as not having double tap feature.

Also noticed that the FitBit app refuses to accept input from X3 as a step tracker. Prob because of goofy double tap feature calibration.

HP Recommended
Hey Justme...I have a fitbit blaze and it tracks my steps, but are often than not, I have to manually sync the blaze each morning before it erases the steps from yesterday and begins counting for the new day.
HP Recommended

For me the Fitbit works fine, every feature. But doubletap is not doubletap, it is five times tap or so, four to seven times tap :).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.