Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Other

My Elite x3 is bricked after build 15063.251. Microsoft force the update on you and in my case it gets through the download and installation and fails during the application of the build during the gears phase at the end.

I have rebuild many times from the stand alone devices recovery tool and can find no way out of the loop where the update is applied and then bricks the phone. Is anyone else seeing similar issues or should I be returning the handset under warranty?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried this:

Shut phone OFF

1.Holding volume down press power button 

2.After vibration release power and continue holding 

Volume down Until exclamation screen

3.Now press, Volume up

4.volume down

5.power

6.volume down

HP Recommended

Hi Saloei,

Unfortunately that does not work as the install of the update fails right at the end of applying it. I can not get exclamation screen screen as part of a hard reset as there is no working OS. The only option is to use the Windows Mobile Device Recovery tool to restore the previous OS, which it does sucessfully...... and then downloads and applies the update and kills the phone again.

HP Recommended

Sounds like the storage memory is corrupt. It could be a physical problem or could be it needs a low level format - Send to HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.