Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Noticed that I had not received emails on my phone. Checked my HP laptop running Outlook 2016 and they all rolled in.

Looks like Friday 2nd they stopped being received on the Elite X3 phone.  Checked that I could still send emails ok on phone.

Deleted Outlook mail account and reinstalled it with Microsoft sign in. Still no good.  Tried installing using advanced settings still no good but could send email still.

I have Web based email server using Outlook mail. Contacted provider who checked web based system- all good.

Tried as suggested to by pass Outlook Mail and loaded Windows app My Mail client.  All settings installed as per Service Provider Incoming and outgoing server details etc.  Still no receive but could send ok emails.  Getting tired by now.

Did a delete of Oulook Mail and My Mail tried again no good with Outlook mail.

Did a factory reset. This takes time. Still no good.

Did a Windows recovery tool down load 2.6 Gb still no good. This takes a very long time.

Rang Microsoft who did noty want to know me.

Rang HP support who said ring Microsoft.

Microsoft checked my sccount was ok.

Back to HP. Waiting on Level 2 support after ringing a second time today as they told me to go back to Microsoft.

This is my second Elite X3 as the first one had constant shutdown issues.  Over it.  Any clues???

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

A couple of questions to help narrow down:

• It appears you are trying to set up an Outlook email account (XXXX@outlook.com or XXXX@hotmail.com)
  • Have you tried a different mail account?  Do you have a Yahoo or Gmail account you could try to set up?
  • Since this is a receive issue, it's likely related to POP or IMAP.  Do you know which protocol you are using?
  • Are you connected to WiFi or to the cellular data?

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Chris,

I tried my Gmail account and it worked all good.  My web based email would not receive through outlook like it had done for almost 12 months. Yes I tried wifi and cellular. i spent a week trying to fix this.

With help from my ISP I spent some time in microsoft account trying different settings with Imap etc with no joy.  We tried all the settings typical.

After severe frustration that even the HP or Microsoft support could not give me product support and talk me through it I went back to my ISP and in advanced settings set up my account which i had never done before as Outlook Mail does it automatically normally.

This worked but now my contacts were gone and could not be retrieved from Microsoft account.

So frustratingly I set up an account with Outlook mail as normal that did not receive with contacts and a mail account with advanced settings which does receive.

This has me now receiving mail and also have contacts in my people app.  Since when do you need 2 accounts?

To summarise.  My phone had a update or microsoft changed their protocols to auto set up email acoounts in Outlook mail and calendar.  The phone still does not receive if i do a quick auto set up using simply my email address in account settings on Outlook Mail.  I have now set it up in advanced settings which i never did before.

The worst thing is that passing the buck from HP and Microsoft was severe.  No one actually would spend the time to help but would be happy to give a contact number etc and send me on my way.  This is the real issue.  NO SUPPORT.  HP have no support you can actually go to physically.  The web based support in Australia for Windows phones would not accept my IMEA code as my phone is HP not Nokia.  

I understand windows mobile phones are on the out and that HP will not make any more.  Do I go back to Blackberry that were excellent with support.

No other help is required thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.