Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased my Elite X3 and am having trouble getting updates, and downloading apps.  The error message I get when trying to load updates is "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet.". Obviously I'm connected to the internet otherwise you wouldn't be able to read this.

I can only get updates if I change ISP, say by logging on to a family members WiFi. at their house. Then I connect immediately and get updates.  However, when I return home I can still get updates and access the store via my own ISP for about 12 hours and then I get the  "We couldn't connect...." error message again.

Please can anyone offer any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Update: This was then experienced on my husbands phone and on our windows 10 pc. I have found a short term fix for this. Access your router and change the DNS. Mine was set to obtain DNS from ISP. I changed the address(es) to that of a popular search engine. I was then able to update the OS and update apps from the store. Following updating all I set the router back to obtain DNS from ISP. I was still able to obtain updates and new apps for 24 hours before getting the "We couldn't connect..." message again.
I hope that this will work for you too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Update: This was then experienced on my husbands phone and on our windows 10 pc. I have found a short term fix for this. Access your router and change the DNS. Mine was set to obtain DNS from ISP. I changed the address(es) to that of a popular search engine. I was then able to update the OS and update apps from the store. Following updating all I set the router back to obtain DNS from ISP. I was still able to obtain updates and new apps for 24 hours before getting the "We couldn't connect..." message again.
I hope that this will work for you too.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.