Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 254 (2,210 Views)

Elite x3 SD card issue

Product Name: Elite x3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Does anyone else also has the problem, that SD cards do not work correct?

I habe tried 2 very good cards (Samsung Pro and Lexar 1800). With both cards, I have the problem, that once a day, i get the message from my phone, that the card was unexpected removed.

After a reboot the card is available again, and works.

Tutor
Message 2 of 254 (2,152 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

I exchanged one of these phones already with the same issue along with a few other bugs. The new phone has already done this once since the swap. The other problems I was having have disappeared.

Intern
Message 3 of 254 (2,112 Views)

Having this same issue with a Sandisk Ultra 200GB card that worked flawlessly in my L950XL. I have reformatted in exfat first then NTFS the second try. Their must be a firmware issue with the card reader. I can access the card on my PC (after removing it from the phone) and it functions normally with file transfers etc. Hope a fix comes soon.

Intern
Message 4 of 254 (2,101 Views)

My first devcie didn't read SD or SIM cards int he second slot. i have a replacement from HP that does both.

Mabye get an RMA and send back.

Tutor
Message 5 of 254 (2,086 Views)

Has there been any official response from HP on this issue? I too am having the SD Card problem. It recognized the SD Card when I first installed it. Then after a reboot for softwarew updates it no longer see the SD card - well actually this is not entirely true - OneDrive sees the card but displays an error message when trying to access it.

Intern
Message 6 of 254 (2,068 Views)

Well, I think HP does not answer here.

I have just received a firmware Update via Windows Update. Hope this fixes the problems.

We will see.....

Intern
Message 7 of 254 (2,066 Views)

Hmm, wonder what the firmware is - maybe we'll get true double-tap to wake and a glance screen. (I know, wishful thinking!)

Intern
Message 8 of 254 (2,057 Views)

After reformatting to NTFS and reinstalling the card, and after a couple of reboots, the phone is consistently seeing the card. I was also able to transfer files from my Desktop PC via USB-C cable to the card in the phone. Will. Report if things go south again.
Tutor
Message 9 of 254 (2,049 Views)

I too just installed the firmware update and no change - it still cannot see the SD card ...

So HP sponsors this forum but does not participate? How then should we log issues with HP?

I'll try their support option and see where that takes me.

Intern
Message 10 of 254 (2,033 Views)

Jim-Versiti wrote:

I'll try their support option and see where that takes me.

That's what I did with my device when I couldn't see the second sim. I logged an issue in the support portion - 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=10722027

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation