Replies (293)

Intern
Message 181 of 294 (374 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

good to know about the bluetooth...then it has to be some other service

Intern
Message 182 of 294 (369 Views)

Same, mine has disconnected no matter the Bluetooth or NFC settings OR the tap to pay ok or off.
I wanted to be a stand-up comedian... but I prefer sitting.
Intern
Message 183 of 294 (358 Views)

I have never had the blue tooth or NFC turned on and can not read the SD card. I have one of the first phones shipped and never had a problem until the recent updates.

Intern
Message 184 of 294 (301 Views)

What I find difficult to comprehend is the wide variety of situations in which this occurs. Some relate it to having services on or off (bluetooth, NFC), having apps either on the card or on the phone. My experience shows that it overall has been random, although instances sure seemed to coincide with bluetooth events (but not alway) as it occurs even with bluetooth off. Some days it occurs several times, and sometimes it can be a day or two between occurrences, Wish we had some HP engineers monitoring this forum and collecting all the occurrence instances to help in determining the problem.

Intern
Message 185 of 294 (289 Views)

Hello to everyone. 

I have started this Thread a long time ago.

What i have found out:

- If mostly happens, if a background service hangs, or takes high load.

- It does not have to do especially with bluetooth, but that is one great thing, because with the Smartnotification rumming in the background, there is a task, that (in case of Gamin Software) sometimes hangs, and then the SD problem occurs.

- I can also reproduce iit with the xbox App running longer, or in background

It seems to me, that the phone does something like energymanagement, or it recycles prozesses, if the is something not ok. And thats what leads to the SD card error. 

It also happens often, if an App hangs, and gets terminated by the phone (same a hanging background tasks).

Of course i am not 100% sure. Buts that what i have found out for me. 

Intern
Message 186 of 294 (166 Views)

Ok, disabling NFC doesn't solve an issue. Yes, I can confirm that playing with wireless might trigger SD card dismount... But that also possible due to phone manipulations. I went thru wireless range extenders setup during these weekends and tested coverage with HP Elite X3. Issue appeared when I tried switching wireless and tried to reconnect between multiple networks rapidly.

Intern
Message 187 of 294 (161 Views)

I have been sent 3 different trays to try now. None have any effect. The issue persists and if it can't be resolved we should be offered refunds.

Intern
Message 188 of 294 (144 Views)

Trays and replacing X3 will not correct this problem until HP fixed its firmware.

For now, the only work around is not using an SD card, or turning off your bluetooth service.

Intern
Message 189 of 294 (133 Views)

Turning off BT did not resolve the issue for me. I turned off BT, TTP and NFC. All off and still had disconnects.

Intern
Message 190 of 294 (127 Views)

Agreed, whether I've had Bluetooth, TTP or NFC on or off has had ZERO bearing on this problem. It still occurs. Second phone and multiple trays have had no effect either. It's a software/firmware issue. Period.
I wanted to be a stand-up comedian... but I prefer sitting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation