cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
44 44 0 14
Message 251 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a feeling that things would worsen during this "retrenchment" period but was unprepared for how far  MS was going to step back. Sure they have continued with new builds but it is clear from the lack of added features on mobile compared with Creators update on PC that mobile is not a priority. Mobile is in maintenance mode now and I wish to hell that MS would announce their goals going forward to give us an idea of when "retrenchment" is going to end and their next move in  mobile will occur (because without mobile they can kiss UWP goodbye and we will see the continued slide of the Windows market share as other OS's provide a vastly more consumer friendly mobile ecosystem).

I always hate to do a hard reset because of the ensuing hours of getting things all set up once again, but I know that a lot of past problems on Windows Phone only got resolved with a Hard reset especially after big OS updates. I guess that will be my next move to see if I can resolve this new "black screen" issue. I doubt it will have any effect on the sd error.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 2
20 20 0 9
Message 252 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well, I received my replacement phone and since then no issues at all. The device works as expected giving me also almost 11 hours of battery while heavily in use.
On the other side, I believe this a very well built device. Screen, camera, phone reception, are really good. I wished the front speakers were a little louder, but normally are fine.
I use daily this X3, a S7, an iPhone 7, a Lumia 950 XL, everything for work on international calls/data. I'm quite agnostic on the OS, but I would say that I still prefer W10M over the android nougat of the S7. And in terms of security and reliability the X3 is solid, and getting very good reviews by other members of my company too.
0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 3
32 32 0 10
Message 253 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have worked with a number of the "hot" phones on a routine basis. I can see no huge advances in any of the Windows 10 phones over what Nokia offered with the 1520, and in many cases important to me a slide backwards. The camera in the 950XL and the X3 does not produce pictures any where near the quality of the 1520. Lets not forget that well there are alot of apps and games that are fluff the windows platform is seriously devoid of some of the scientific apps that make other OS systems attractive. Have you tried to access Mobile Client through a windows phone? Sure some techies love Continum but honestly you have better luck using a tablet or small laptop rather than fight with the negatives of windows 10 mobile just to modifiy a document or see your phone on a large screen. Just too bad that so little effort has gone into making this OS right and products that work. This is the first time that I have had to receive a replacement phone of any type, the very fact that we are on replacements phones is a testement to the lack of quality of the product. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
20 20 0 9
Message 254 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to replace my 1520 three times, once when I still was in Hong Kong and twice when I was in Auckland NZ.

I also have a long history of replaced iPhones while I was in the US and Samsung (Australia and Korea).

I actually care more about what works better for me in the moment I own a device.

Right now the X3 does a pretty good job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
44 44 0 14
Message 255 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I spoke with support again roughly three weeks ago about card issue ( I am also having intermittent black screen issue). They told me that HP and MS were working on a solution. Just today Windows Central reported that new firmware along with a new insider build for mobile were available and that the delays in recent insider mobile builds was because HP and MS were working on these updates. I installed the firmware and insider build update. Hope it solves the card issue (and my black screen issue as well).

Highlighted
Level 3
43 43 0 20
Message 256 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This "HP Update" just popped up on my phone only moments before getting the email from your response on this topic.  Good catch man! :OpenSmile:

I wanted to be a stand-up comedian... but I prefer sitting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
28 27 0 11
Message 257 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I noticed that my Phone was doing an update on the Docking Station when I was working last night. It was some sort of OS update. I was like, they have finally fixed the SD Card issue. But....it is not fixed. My phone disconnected from the SD Card several times today.  W...T....H

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
43 43 0 20
Message 258 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well there was also a recent OS update that has been rolling out since last week, check that you have the latest firmware update as well. The latest is 0002.0000.0037.0001. That JUST hit the streets now.
I wanted to be a stand-up comedian... but I prefer sitting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
28 27 0 11
Message 259 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My version is 0002.000.0026.0118, so I dont have the latest firmware update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
28 27 0 11
Message 260 of 294
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have it downloading now. We will see if this fixes my sd card issue.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation