Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (253)

Intern
Message 21 of 254 (1,115 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

I also hope this can be cured.

I do not think it is a physical problem.

As I already wrote, i think it is related to a high Bluetooth througput, or hanging app.

Thats what i can reproduce.

Tutor
Message 22 of 254 (1,094 Views)

The strange thing is I am using a card now that has been unstab le in other devices that is working perfectly.  I had a 64 gb san disk card that was brand new, that my device wouldn't recognize.  Not sure what else to try to get that working, but this 128gb pny card seems to be working wonderfully.  I install all apps on internal memory as well though and just use SD for pictures/media.

Intern
Message 23 of 254 (1,082 Views)

I will have to agree on the relation, somehow, to Bluetooth as the most recent card error coincided instantly when my Band 2 signaled that it was 100% charged. The notification occurred and the SD card error immediately appeared.
Tutor
Message 24 of 254 (1,073 Views)

I was dealing with a HP rep while trying to figure this out. I had the same symptoms as have been reported on this thread. However, two days after I gave up and returned the phone (within the 30 day limit) I got another email from the same rep that reported the tray as the problem. Apparently there is a batch that had been milled wrong and had been determined to be the cause of the problem. The specs were off just a tiny bit. Since HP made the effort to follow up with me on this matter, I am pretty convinced that I will get another one soon. Currently using my Lumia 950 to get by. I miss my Elite X3.

Intern
Message 25 of 254 (1,069 Views)

salidh wrote:

I got another email from the same rep that reported the tray as the problem. Apparently there is a batch that had been milled wrong and had been determined to be the cause of the problem. The specs were off just a tiny bit.

That seems like my issue. When I first got my device, I could not put two SIM cards in. I have both AT&T and T-Mobile. HP replaced my unit and I've been golden since.

Now only if the camera were better....

Intern
Message 26 of 254 (1,053 Views)

any one know how I can get a replacement SIM/SD card tray?

Tutor
Message 27 of 254 (1,036 Views)

I spoke with support earlier and they suggested I'd have to ship my whole phone back to get a replacement tray.  I really wish theyd offer this for a nominal charge as a replacement component as well.

Intern
Message 28 of 254 (1,012 Views)

I think I found a work around. After reformatting my SD w/ exFat, then on system>storage, i set everything to use SD card except for Windows App programs. I kept that to use Device.

since, I have no more spontaneous "sd card was removed" error.

Intern
Message 29 of 254 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have not have issue w/ "SD card removed error" since I used Device as my Windows App storage.

but now I have trouble transfering files from PC to x3. it keep on hanging, saying device has stop responding.

the only option I found was taking out my SD and inserting to PC, or use USB thumb drive connected to x3 and copy from thumb drive to x3 SD card.

why can't I just plug it to PC and copy from there?

Intern
Message 30 of 254 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]

I guess I spoke too soon.  my SD card error been recurring again. Did ok after I reset my phone, but now it is recurring. Got a replacement x3, same problem.

As for the USB connection. seems to work better on my HP PC, but only have the problem with my Intel Compute Stick 2 with m5.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation