Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (293)

Intern
Message 31 of 294 (1,413 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

My phone has been having problems whenever I insert an micro Sd card into the slot. At first, the phone recognizes the card, and then all of a sudden, it can't. After a while, the phone goes into a reboot loop until the battery drains. During this reboot loop, the phone gets really warm. Leaving the card out is my only option to prevent this from happening.
Tutor
Message 32 of 294 (1,360 Views)

My phone has been having the same sd losing problem. I returned one unit and after a week the second unit I got began having the same problem. My phone does not go into a reboot loop though. Hope this is soon fixed.
Tutor
Message 33 of 294 (1,337 Views)

Just had the problem occur when I toggled my bluetooth on and off, bluetooth had been connected to a Fitbit device. Happened immediately.
Intern
Message 34 of 294 (1,333 Views)

I can confirm, that it has something to do with bluetooth.

I use a Garmin device. As soon a bluetooth is aktiv, i have the SD Card Problem. With bluetooth deactivated, there is no problem.

I already wrote this in this forum.

I really hope HP will fix this issue.

Intern
Message 35 of 294 (1,301 Views)

I continue to have SD card issues on many levels, and these problems have occurred with different cards:

1. Sometimes no camera app will start if I am saving to the card.
2. Phone continually reboots until I remove the card.
3. I moved all apps to the device and that helped a little, but did not resolve issue. Phone still reboots randomly with card in.

Phone is useless with the card inserted because it is not dependable. Please HP/Microsoft, fix this issue. We few remaining Windows Mobile loyalists are dying out here.

And please contact us and let us know the status of a fix. We cannot continue with unreliable equipment.
Top Student
Message 36 of 294 (1,257 Views)

Having the same issues with the disconnecting SD card. It got worse after installing Fitbit and connecting to the bluetooth device. Spending so much money on this "Premium" device one would expect that HP would solve this problem.

Tutor
Message 37 of 294 (1,253 Views)

I too have had similar issue.   I installed a Lexar 64GB uSD card.  Class 10 from memory.

Configured the X3 to store maps, apps, photos on the SD instead of the phone.  Use bluetooth to connect to uConnect handsfree in my Jeep.  Shortly afterwards, the X3 threw up an error about the card being removed incorrectly (I hadn't removed it at all) and prompting to verify.

I lost trust and moved everything back to the X3's internal memory instead.   Currently the card is installed but I'm not using it for anything pending a firmware update or similar.

I'm hoping a near future update will fix both this and my HP Device Hub app not working and not updating from the app Store.

Intern
Message 38 of 294 (1,101 Views)

I have all of these issues. I got a new tray from HP with the word UP on it. HP said this would work after I reset my device. This did not work. New tray, different cards 32g, 128g, SanDisk and Samsung. Nothing has worked. Typing this using my phone after I had to reboot my device to get the card back online. Love this phone, hate this issue. This is a driver issue. I had a similar issue with my Surface Pro 3 before I reinstalled the OS and changed the driver for the card. But....what can you do with the mobile phone when HP is the Driver supplier...nothin.
Intern
Message 39 of 294 (1,082 Views)

Have the same problem. got 2 trays, also the newest tray w/ UP on it. still, need to reboot x3 3-8 times a day! it keep on saying SD was removed!

I used 2 different version of scandisk Extreme Pro and EX 64 gig. both same problem. but works fine on my tablet, compute stick, and now my son uses the EX on MSFT lumia w/o problem.

today, I used an OLD SD card w/ 1 gig. And all day, has not crashed. this tells me HP need to update to firmware to make it compatible w/ all SD cards. I don't want to buy another SD card!

Intern
Message 40 of 294 (1,062 Views)

I believe that this is a Bluetooth related issue.  I noticed, after I got my phone reset, that when my I paired my phone with my FitBit Blaze that it immediately started happening. Also, I noticed after I initially got my new tray, without resetting my phone, I was leaving my home. When I got in my truck, and cranked it my phone dropped the SD card. My truck automatically connects to my phone's bluetooth.  So, they can say that this is a hardware design issue all day long, but I don't think they truly know what it is. As before, I had a similar issue with my Surface Pro 3 SD Card Slot. It turned out to be a Windows Driver issue and the Driver that my Pro3's OS came with. After reinstalling the OS on the Surface Pro, and changing to a Windows driver I dont have that annoying SD card unmounting issue. So, I will be calling them back today to log an issue so that the issue will be elevated to a blocking issue and they will get it addressed in the firmware. I suggest everyone else to do the same if you are having this problem. Great Phone, terrible issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation