Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (293)

Top Student
Message 51 of 294 (755 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

Hi Escape7,

Thank you for your response. I shall let you know if I get to hear something from the support team soon.

Top Student
Message 52 of 294 (749 Views)

Hey Slepr. Did replacing the tray resolve the SD Card ejection issue for you?

Do you think your update would be useful for the issue discussed here? Please help us with an update. Thank you.

Intern
Message 53 of 294 (735 Views)

Shoib, Just filed the case today and just received my Fedex tracking number for the replacement tray. Tray should arrive tomorrow. Since the error is so sporadic and days can go by between occurrences, I will give this a few days to see if it still occurs with the new tray, then report back here.
Top Student
Message 54 of 294 (732 Views)

Hi Slepr, Thank you for the quick response. Do you remember what was the frequency of the issue? and can you share the case# if possible..

Let me know once you replace and monitor the issue for a week Smiley Happy

Tutor
Message 55 of 294 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]

I first ordered my HP Elite X3 on November 24, 2016. After about a week of use, and connecting my Fitbit, I started noticing the message that my sd card had been removed even though that was not the case. I read through forums of other people having this issue with their Elite X3. Replacing the sim tray was brought up as a possible solution. I decided to call HP support and told them about the issue and if they had heard anything. HP Support said they had not heard anything about this problem. HP kindly allowed me to exchange my HP for an entire new one. Once I revieved my HP Elite X3 and I set up my phone including connecting the Fitbit, I noticed that the SD card error message was not popping up. However, after about a week, the sd card message started popping up. This happened about 2-3 a day and required me having to restart my phone so that my SD card could become recognized. Today, I have decided to take out the SD card as frequently restarting my phone was not practically nor healthy for the device in my opinion. Solutions I tried was moving my apps to the internal storage but keeping media like music and photos on the sd card. This only mildly helped. Also, I noticed that any twitter app, including official twitter app, if left in the background or the app "hung" or loading new tweets, the SD card message would immediately pop up. I hope HP addresses the issue because overall it is a great solid and business phone.

Top Student
Message 56 of 294 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks hernandezjo1 for the references. Let me see if I could pursue to get something regarding the issue and shall keep you posted. Let me try if I can reproduce the issue on my X3 with a fitness strapping device. Have a nice day!!!

Intern
Message 57 of 294 (702 Views)

Replacing X3 and replacing SIM tray DOES NOT correct the problem of "SD card removed error."

I do think it is related to firmware & bluetooth. I turned off my bluetooth service for 4 days. and over that period, the SD card error never recurred.

Top Student
Message 58 of 294 (697 Views)

HI Mtan, Thanks for that valuable input. Looking forward to test the issue on my device today. Will have some updates posted here in 2days.

Intern
Message 59 of 294 (667 Views)

Shoib, the frequency of occurrence ranged from as high as 5 times in one 24 hour period to 1 time in a 2 week period. On average I would say it is approximately 5 times per week. The odd thing is that up until yesterday I had an almost two week period of no occurrence, then twice yesterday and three times so far today. Nothing out of the ordinary for my daily routine. No new Bluetooth devices, no new apps. This is why I described it in a previous post as being 'sporadic' in occurrence.
Intern
Message 60 of 294 (659 Views)

Did you try to turn off your bluetooth service?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation