Post new question
Question
Elite x3 SD card issue
Replies (253)

Intern
Message 81 of 254 (493 Views)

Re: Elite x3 SD card issue

Continuously, having the same issue. SD card unmounted this morning after the firmware update. So the issue is not addressed. I had great hopes.
Tutor
Message 82 of 254 (488 Views)

I am so wanting to return to this device. Hate that the reports coming in are mixed but leaning toward continued problems in this one area. Lots of money for a great device with a really poor problem. Still monitoring it as everyone moves forward.

Tutor
Message 83 of 254 (473 Views)

Yes, return is good way.....to much money  for many problems....

Intern
Message 84 of 254 (453 Views)

rush_edward wrote:
Continuously, having the same issue. SD card unmounted this morning after the firmware update. So the issue is not addressed. I had great hopes.

Out of curiosity, do you have the old SIM/SD tray or new?

I have had zero issues with the new tray.

The old one does not have the word, "UP" printed.

HP_elite_x3_SIM_tray.jpg

Tutor
Message 85 of 254 (451 Views)

I have been a loyal Microsoft Mobile/Phone user for many years. I have endured teasing and downright ridicule from my family and friends, some of whom have gone Android, but most iPhone. I have persisted through the app gap and what appears to be a less-than-successful UWP strategy. Through all this, the equipment issue only has deteriorated. Microsoft has been in and out, Nokia was converted then destroyed, and I am appreciative HP stepped up. While I revognize all the firmware updates, the SD card and camera issues aren't being solved and render parts of the handset unusable or unreliable. I purchased the entire HP package to test the optimum continuum experience. While it is impressive, it is not ready for prime time, especially for business use. It just does not accommodate enough apps and is really limited for printing. It appears Microsoft may be committed to making continuum a real solution for business travelers and others, and perhaps even a surface phone will be released when continuum is mature. But it will take more time than I care to wait. If Microsoft, and by association HP, can't address these issues, or at least provide some tangible hope, then I will be moving on to a different operating system when the next generation of handsets arrive. I never thought I would write this, but the current issues have pushed me over the edge. Microsoft and HP, if you have hope to offer, please let your few loyal supporters know. Our frustration is at a maximum.
Tutor
Message 86 of 254 (435 Views)

Do they even pay attention to their forums? I am very disappointed in HP. This is a high end device aimed at businesses and it has this issue? The new firmware does not fix the issue.
Intern
Message 87 of 254 (407 Views)

edchair, I have also been with Microsoft on Mobile since WinMo5 and I believe we are at the nadir of the journey of Windows on Mobile. I am so thankful that HP stepped up and created a flagship device. I realize that we are on this forum because of the SD glitch but I have confidence that HP will come through with a solution. For me, this phone will bridge me to the next device which I hope will be a category first just as the Surface pro was for defining the 2 in 1 category. With full Windows on ARM coming I am hoping for a pocket PC with telephony. However, without the UWP growing by attracting developers or the porting of Win32 programs I am afraid that the retrenchment on Mobile that Microsoft undertook in the last two years will continue to cause abandonment of the platform by developers and companies. I will continue my support for Windows Mobile with hope for an improvement in the situation.
Top Student
Message 88 of 254 (392 Views)

The new Firmware didnt fix the problem.

Hate this.

HP - shame on you.

Tutor
Message 89 of 254 (342 Views)

This is software problem...not tray...

Tutor
Message 90 of 254 (338 Views)

Now i live in Uruguay, buy phone in USA, how i get new tray? HP Uruguay not listen about HP Elite X3....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation