Post new question
Question
Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes
Replies (107)

Tutor
Message 11 of 108 (1,181 Views)

Re: Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes

Son of a pitch. Contact Microsoft, HP is only the hardware side to it. That's some buggy a$ software issues there.
Tutor
Message 12 of 108 (1,148 Views)

Same here. Really dissapointing. Business phone... Hmmm
Master's Graduate
Message 13 of 108 (1,115 Views)

Hi all,

I am trying to gather data so we can debug some of the issues you are seeing.  If you have witnessed a reboot/freeze can you share what you were doing at the time and the OS build and Firmware revision number?

You can find these two numbers under Settings > System > About > More Info

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
Tutor
Message 14 of 108 (1,099 Views)

On 14393.321
Fw: 0002.0000.0007.0088

Most of the symptoms arise in docking/undocking scenarios. Using the HP desk dock.
Tutor
Message 15 of 108 (1,096 Views)

Your right. When I charge my phone on dock it always messes up. It pisses me off soo bad man. I even had my phone locked due to security issues. I had to go on Microsofts website and lock my phone to get back in it. Can we get stability?? I love the phone but arghghh.
Top Student
Message 16 of 108 (1,080 Views)

I am currently on OS Build: 10.0.14936.1000 with Firmware Build: 0002.0000.0007.0088.  I have three major issues contributing to crashes:

1.) If any of my contacts have more than 500 messages in the last sync month (with syncing only set to a month in messanger) the device freezes on every new message from that user.

2.) If I use Facebook contact sync with my outlook contacts, I have to reboot (prior to crash) in order to get my contacts to link when manually linked and before any of those contacts send me a message.  If a Facebook contact and Outlook contact are linked, and I do not manually reboot prior to receiving a message, instant freeze/crash from that user.

3.) If I dock and undock I get two errors that do not lead to crashes, but require reboots.  First error, is failure of notification bar.  The bar and the back button no longer work correctly after undocking.  Second error, messages fail to send/receive.  They will show like they have sent on sim 1 or sim 2, but do not display a date/time.  Then when rebooting all sent messages disappear, and all messages are received on reboot.

GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THAT HP.  At least I can diagnose the world since I have 90% of features shut off to keep the phone working.

Intern
Message 17 of 108 (1,043 Views)

I have just received a firmware Update via Windows Update.

Version 0002.0000.0014.0100

I hope this fixes some issues. I also have a problem with the SD Card.

I will report, if I can say, if it better.

Does anyone know, where to find a Version history for the firmware updates?

Tutor
Message 18 of 108 (1,028 Views)

I just got mine a while ago. The exact firmware update. Then shortly after, my phone crashed when I launched groove music while connected to Bluetooth. This happens around the same time everyday. Anybody else seeing crashes on them around the same time of day?. A routine crash almost??
Honor Student
Message 19 of 108 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]

After this new firmware update my phone started crashing and rebooting more frequently to a point i just couldnt use it. Than i did a factory reset and restored my backup again and it was working fine for over a week now.

This time i did not logged in to skype preview and facebook and facebook messenger apps and started using and it was fine. Then a week and half later i have decided to login to facebook and facebook messenger ... that is it frequent freezes started again to the point I started missing all my important calls and text messages.

Also what i have noticed in the past which i didnt try now was if i take out AT&T SIM from the phone and leave my other SIM which was issued by a service provider in India it was working fine. No issues. As soon as i plug in AT&T SIM, it used to start to freeze frequently. Now since phone was working fine until I logged in to Facebook account, I didnt needed to try that. I tried uninstalling facebook and facebook messenger apps both but still freezing continued after that.

So it could be coinsidence that the phone started freezing around the same time I have decided to use those apps too. While the phone was working fine for last one week and half I didnt use any kind of PIN security or finger print or iris authentication etc. When it freezes the apps will be showing live tiles etc but screen freezes so I cannot do anything on the screen and gradually touch button bar at the bottom stops vibrating and stop responding soon afrer and then only option left will be is to reboot the phone.

Hope this will help HP and/or Microsoft to figure out this problem before this 1% user base will run away from Windows Mobile platform. You guys did a great job with the OS and the device but with these issues you are leaving no options to defend the platform with Enterprise users and Decision makers in the enterprise market to even try these devices.

I really appreciate if you guys will ramp up the effort to fix this and bring confidence on this platform and the device. Just for your information this freezing issue is happening more on HP device but also happening randmly on Lumia 950xl as well. I feel Windows 8.1 Phone OS was solid compared to Windows 10 mobile in its current state. Forget about insider builds but what ever build is out there in production should be solid.

Top Student
Message 20 of 108 (933 Views)

Today I noticed a lot of freezes pre-install of Windows Insider Build 14959.  I am not sure what happened right when this build was announced that would make the phone constantly crash on all text messages and heavy app use, but here is hoping the update fixes issues.  Prior to this build being announced I was having about a week of stable phone use. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation