Post new question
Question
Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes
Replies (107)

Intern
Message 31 of 108 (730 Views)

Re: Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes

I have the text scaling at the factory default. Did not change it.

Tutor
Message 32 of 108 (724 Views)

Update: My phone froze and crashed. It rebooted many times before I can start using it again. This is after setting my font back to 100%.

Has anyone tried contacting Hp on this issue? Like on tweeter or on phone support?
Top Student
Message 33 of 108 (708 Views)

Hi All, This morning I installed the latest preview build,10.0.14977.1000 Great News. I put the case back on and the phone hasn't restarted for at least 6 hours since the update. I have closed and opened the cover many times and no problems. The bad news is that I dropped it the other day without the case on it and now have a lovely diagonal crack through the top of the screen. It appears to be a great phone now. As long as the restarting problem with the case doesn't reappear!! My only complaint with it is that the camera on the x-3 is no where near as good as the Lumia 950 or the 950XL.
Tutor
Message 34 of 108 (700 Views)

I'm on OS build 10.0.14393.448. I tried looking for an update but it shows no updates available. Is this the new fast ring insider build? Try rebooting your phone.
Top Student
Message 35 of 108 (691 Views)

Yes it is the latest insider build. Still hasn't restarted with the case on. However, a new fault has appeared. When I hold down the back arrow down I don't get a list of open apps so there is no way of closing them. I'm sure the programmers will fix this problem sometime soon.
Tutor
Message 36 of 108 (687 Views)

Try hard resetting your phone. This fixes alot of problems in the insider builds. I will try this tonight and hope it works. I'll keep you updated. Thanks
Honor Student
Message 37 of 108 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've only had the phone a few days but have already been stuck in the reboot loop twice. Last time it stopped after a while and just resumed normal operation. This time I've had to hard-reset it to get it out of the loop.

I'm on vanilla os, no insider at this time. Haven't really had it long enough to get going with that on this phone.

I don't think it's asking too much to have a phone this expensive (and amazing, don't get me wrong) not behave like this. Can we get a response about this problem being directly addressed? This specific issue getting specific work by the developers? That would help my growing ire...

Thanks for creating a wonderful product, now can you please fix it?

Tutor
Message 38 of 108 (659 Views)

Hp responded to the Wallet issue not working pretty quickly. This time around Hp hasn't said anything at all.

I updated the phone last night to production ring and immediately updated to fast ring. No special reason why I did that way. I was tired and forgot to change the setting to fast ring before updating.
So far so good but I've only used it for 15 minutes. We'll see how it goes through out the day. I haven't restarted the phone yet.
Tutor
Message 39 of 108 (637 Views)

Update: Its been about 8 hours and I have had issues. I rebooted the phone once and it booted without a hitch. I'm going to turn on Windows Hello now and see if there's any changes.

Thx Walkamin
Tutor
Message 40 of 108 (620 Views)

Uodate: Well this morning I got my first crash and had to manually reboot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation