Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3 Lapdock

Hi there.

I have recently aquired and HP Elite X3 with a Lapdock. Unfortunately it does not tunrn on or appear to be charging. There are no battery lights when connected to the power supply.

Any ideas welcome

Cheers

Daveyo

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Sorry for bringing this back to life but i am having the same issue, the power supply itself is fine seeing it will power anything else i plug it into.
Just happend out of nowhere.
HP Recommended

Same issue as previous entry.  HP Elite X3 worked fine this morning, then turned itself off and NOTHING will get it to turn back on.  I've tried charging on the docking station and via AC adapter...the phone charging light does not come on.  I tried the "Windows Device Recovery Tool" from the HP site and the phone does NOT start as described.  

HP Recommended
I take it you've tried holding the power button for 10-15 seconds while plugged in to the charger?
HP Recommended
Well i solved my problem i ordered a new one and its charger works on the old one aswell...
No clue why the old charger wont work its the original and it still charges anything else i plug it in to.

Geuss i have 2 lap docks now and 1 charger...
HP Recommended
Also, FYI, the lap dock issue turned out to be not using the correct charger. I wasn't originally supplied the power brick (was using small X3 phone charger) and when HP sent a replacement Lap dock there was the power brick. Plugged the old lap dock into that & away it went.
HP Recommended
Ha! Snap...
HP Recommended

Yes, I tried holding the power button down >15 sec while on the charger, and also holding both the power button and volume down button.  Since I have an AC adapter and lapdock, independent of each other, and neither will charge the phone or allow it to be turned on, it seems to be the phone itself or battery.

HP Recommended

This phone has turned out to be a very expensive paper weight.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.