Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Microsoft Windows RT

My question is why HP is dragging their feet on provisioning Android on the x3? The phone is a real tank.  I was recently at a water park (Great Wolf Lodge)and was taking photos with wet hands without any problems until the phone slipped and fell in about 3 feet of water and because of the amount of people it took a few seconds to get to it.  The screen was not happy.  Turned green and flashing like an old analog TV in between channels.  I placed in a bag of rice and after two days, I could feel the phone turning on (vibration) but no screen, so after having a Nokia 920, Nokia 1520 and HP Elite.  I bought a Galaxy Note 9 (Booo) and joined the masses.  I did discover that I can use my Elite desk dock station with the Note 9 and bring up Samsung DeX (looks a lot like Continuum...Hmmm), which saves me a lot of mobile-hotspot data.  Here's the Zombie part.  I plugged my Elite to desk dock and it still works!  Nothing shows on the phone screen but mirrors perfectly on my monitor.  The only thing that will kill such a great piece is tech is owner error and app support.  HP Elite X3 is still the greatest Windows phone ever!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've heard great things about the HP Elite X3 and while I currently own the S9, I personally really want to try out the device. I feel that it had very premium specs for its time.

HP got the Continuum pretty well but unfortunately, Windows Phones just really didn't get enough attention.

I hope someone can kickstart the dead devices again.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.