Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The camera seems much improved. I think the device is ready to be released. Quick camera, fast launching. We're almost there.

HP Recommended

With the latest patch release, there was still a frustrating/worrying delay with just the HP logo after the animated cog wheels - after waiting on it for a while, I did a few reboots, and then it seemed to continue to complete, with a message of restoring 1 of 7 tasks including the image replacement.  So the issue from the previous update that seemed to be caused by having the device set to encrypted, that went away when set to off, seems to be resolved as I did not make any reset for that option, and I still have that option saying that my device is encrypted.

Now running version 1607 OS  build 10.01.14393.953 amd firmware 0002.0000.0026.0118 and bootloader 52071.

up from the OS Build 10.01.14393.693 from the February update, no firmware changes this time.

So happy with my device ! and continuum is becoming one of my favorite things !

HP Recommended

Hi all,

There is an issue with the way Fast Ring works with firmware updates.  If you are on Fast Ring, you will not get the HP Firmware updates.

The solution is to back up all of your data, use Windows Device Recovery Tool to upgrade to the latest HP Firmware and re-enable Fast Ring.  We are working with Microsoft on a better fix for our Fast Ring customers.

Thanks!

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended
Hi ChrisT,
I was able to get the update without using Windows Recovery Tool.
Went to settings, stopped receiving preview builds, restarted the x3, checked for updates, got the firmware update.

Also, so far the firmware made the device working better, especially the camera. But now started having problems with the SD card that randomly unmounts and disappears from the storage settings.

Thanks,
M.-
HP Recommended
Yes, the SD card issue is really annoying problem. I hope this will be solved with next firmware updates, as well as smth like the glance screen to have at least the time and date instead of the black empty screen, and some kind of equalizer.
HP Recommended

I found on a forum on windowscentral that disabling NFC and Tap To Pay would help.

I tried it and it worked for a couple of days. Today while the device was connected to the Dock it started a series of automatic restarts. Ths SIM and SD cards started dismounting too. Then restart, then SIM/SD error,  then restart, then SIM/SD error. Never had these issues before installing the latest firmware update. Is there another update coming out soon please? Please?

HP Recommended

@IchBinEliteX3 wrote:
Hi ChrisT,
I was able to get the update without using Windows Recovery Tool.
Went to settings, stopped receiving preview builds, restarted the x3, checked for updates, got the firmware update.

This is great feedback.  Thanks for sharing!

Regarding the SD card, please call HP and see what they can do.

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended
You probably already know this. After latest firmware I cant adjust the screen brightness. Its always on auto even if I set it to darkest or brightest. And the sensor is very sensitive so the screen goes up and down all the time. Several others on Facebook has the same problem.
HP Recommended

Aha, I've noticed the same. I had submitted a few feedback requests but didn't accociate the issue with the firmware.

HP Recommended

Hi ChrisT,

I did spend few time on the issue about the SD card dismounting and the SIM disappearing.

I found on some sites and forums that HP is sending out trail replacements to users, but the response has not been so good from the users, who tried multiple trails with no benefits.

I bought a second Elite x3 with the old firmware installed and compare the 2 devices deeply.

I read somewhere (I actually cannot remember where ) that the new firmware included updates to the power management for the camera. So, I used fake SIM and SD card to measure the voltage of their contacts, and I noticed that on high load of the processor, there are discontinued peaks of power reaching the SIM. For example, playing a game that uses lot of processor power, the power gets cut to the SIM and then the error of the no data connection/ SIM recognized and SD card dismounted happens.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.