Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah, that sounds like an easy option but personally, I don't trust the accuracy of the fingerprint readers on smartphones so I prefer not to use them.

HP Recommended

@nismonet wrote:

@PerfectReign wrote:

@nismonet wrote:

Are you going to release new firmware with Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update?

Wonder what they'd fix. The device is rock solid now.

Only thing I'm missing is the FixEverything.dll assembly.

I really count that HP will finally changed double tap to wake feature to double tap known from Lumia devices.

The mobile hotspot is not working for any X3 as far as I can tell...

And wifi calling is not able to be turned on for carriers that support it...

HP Recommended
I use the mobile hotspot daily with any kind of client devices and it works well. I actually find it to be the most reliable among the ones I tried so far including iphones.
I used wifi calling only once. It worked.
HP Recommended
I use the Wifi hotspot every weekday to keep my personal surface pro 4 online at the office, on my own internet connection partly to test my deployed website code and also for all mu personal use that is forbidden on the corporate laptop. It is perfect 100%
HP Recommended

I have had my hands on 3 of these for one reason or another and I can't get the device to turn hotspot at all.  Each time it tells me 

"the app from your mobile operator didn't respond in time"  

it has alwasy said that.  what do I need to change?

or where can I find details on settings?  i have looked on the forums here without much success.

HP Recommended

From what you wrote it sounds like you're using an app for mobile hotspot. When I use it, I enable it from the settings drop down menu from the top. If you hold down MOBILE HOTSPOT it'll jump directly to its setting where you can change password and give your hotspot a different name.

HP Recommended

Still seeing this on latest builds (insider build).

I posted Feedback

https://aka.ms/Ux5ket

wp_ss_20170522_0002.png

HP Recommended
Call your cell phone provider and have someone check if your account has permission to enable tethering
HP Recommended

Been doing it for years on my SGSII, Note 2, SGS6, and 950xl.

HP Recommended

im just glad it is not only me.  I contacted the wireless provider today.  he said yes on my account it is on, but he will double check on the backend.

I too have used it on nokia e71, e6, lumia 928 (we had 3, now just 2) and 929 (we have 4) all without issue.  now the latest and greatest phone is having difficulties...   😞

btw i started a whole new thread for the hotspot topic...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.