Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!

HP released an OTA (over-the-air) update for the Elite x3. The update installs Windows 10 Mobile to the following versions:

Notice Date: February 27, 2017

Firmware Revision: 0002.0000.0026.0118

OS Build: 10.0.14393.693

Bootloader Version: 520271

Issues Addressed:

Area

Description

Camera

Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.

Auto focus tuning updates.

Carriers

APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone

System

Memory utilization is optimized.

Performance of application launches is improved.

Accessories

HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported.

Known Issues:

Area

Description

Apps

Skype for Business app cannot be launched from Continuum external display.

Connectivity

LAN port of HP desk dock does not have UI configurations. This will be available in Windows 10 Mobile RS2.

Security

Too many failed unlock attempts, the device will be locked for security reasons. User can unlock the device at https://account.microsoft.com/devices.

-Chris

I work for HP.
72 REPLIES 72
HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

Quick question, will the firmware update install if my w10m version is .776 (I'm on the inside release preview) ?

Thanks

Francois

HP Recommended
Hello there. Unfortunately, it will not. They're still trying to fix that trouble, but unfortunately without any success as for now. Moreover, if you use Windows Device Recovery Tool, the latest available build of the ring you choose will be installed.
HP Recommended

Is the folio case problem where the screen wont shut of after you close the cover firmware related or software related in w10m?

HP Recommended
As far as I know, the problem appears only if you use the latest Insider preview builds from thr Fast Ring. (e.g.:15025, 15031 and 15042 as well).
HP Recommended

I have build 726 and can't get update.

HP Recommended
726 is also Insider Preview build, from pre-release ring. The release is 693.
HP Recommended
Stop and cancel completely insider build. After a phone restart, check for update. Once new update installed you can go back to insider preview. This is what I did and it worked
HP Recommended

Thank you!!!

Next time- please fix problem with SD card.

HP Recommended

This is great!

Thanks for keeping our devices updated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.